current skincare routine

First of all, I need to admit that I’ve never been a skincare fanatic and I don’t even know the difference between a toner and a serum. You might ask yourself right now, why I’m still writing a blogpost about this topic. The answer is: I actually do really enjoy my little, minimalist skincare routine and I’m pretty sure there are more people like me out there in the world.



Everything begins with taking off your makeup. This step is so crucial and your skin will thank you one day for doing that! Since it’s summer, I always use a waterproof mascara and concealer because you’ll never know in the morning, if your day ends in the pool or not. This is why I’m using the SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water for waterproof makeup from Garnier – and I love it, because it’s doing a really good job and the big bottle lasted me for nearly one year, well done Garnier!

When this big stumbling block is overcome (tbh, if I don’t take my makeup off, I’ll skip the whole process), I carry on with cleansing my skin with the Marbert Fresh Cleansing Gel. I usually use this under the shower to minimise the time and effort. However, the best thing about it, is the fresh, clean scent - MMH! This honestly perk me up better in the morning than a big mug of coffee!

Since I’ve quite dry skin, I feel like moisturising is the most important step – it probably isn’t but it seems to make the biggest difference. At the moment, I’m in love with the Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream from The Body Shop! It is quite light weight, does a great job, feels really nicely on the skin and – last but by not least – it sinks in very quickly! Even tough, moisturising my face is important to me, I only use a body milk/lotion/butter once or twice a year, so there’s definitely space to improve. 

If I have a pamper night or just feel a little bit fancier, I put on a face mask or do a gentle enzyme peeling (like the Marbert Enzyme Peeling Powder). Face mask-vice, I’m using the L’OrĂ©al Detox Mask and I’m loving it – or more precisely – I LOVE the black colour! I'm not sure if it has a big effect on my skin, I just like the way it looks and feels.

And isn’t this one of the key things about skincare? We never know what a product REALLY does (unless it breaks us out) but it helps to enjoy ourselves and make us feel a bit fancier and happier.


L. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram